Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Coffee: My Drug of Choice

It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity. I bet this kind of thing does not happen to heroin addicts. I bet that when serious heroin addicts go to purchase their heroin, they do not tolerate waiting in line while some dilettante in front of them orders a hazelnut smack-a-cino with cinnamon sprinkles. ~Dave Barry


click here to read the Pop City article about Simpatico!
Believe it or not, I did not start drinking coffee until the year of our lord two-thousand-and-six. What did I do before then? Fall asleep a lot.

Since I started working downtown, I frequent Simpatico Espresso, located at a kiosk in the lobby of the Regional Enterprise Tower. Meet my suppliers, Ward and Cappy:


Ward and Cappy
Since then, I have had white chocolate mochas, cafe au laits, americanos, etc. Of course, I still use a lot of sugar water, but now I am spoiled by the taste of good espresso. I tried to drink one at the Beaver Eat-N-Park, and I couldn't finish three sips.

~Sarah

UPDATE: Simpatico is having an Anniversary (1 yr, 3 days) Celebration, with some menu items on special, including the Northwest Berry Smoothie!!!

No comments: