Tuesday, November 21, 2006

READINGS

Yesterday evening, I had the opportunity to attend a Drue Heinz lecture featuring writer Jhumpa Lahiri. Lahiri has written a Pullitzer-prize-winning collection of short stories, Interpreter of Maladies, and a novel, Namesake. It was really great to hear her talk- my impressions of her were as a humble, down-to-earth, extremely talented, genuine woman. I enjoyed hearing her speak of how, for her, the act of writing creatively developed naturally from her love of reading. I was also able to sign a book for me. She was an amazing trooper, sitting there and signing for every single person who desired her signature.





Anyways, I got to thinking, if I become a famous writer, what will my readings be like? Here's an idea of what I have in mind:

(this was generated using: http://atom.smasher.org)


~SEA